Wondering what to do? Here are a few helpful pieces of information for you as you weather the storm:
- Stay inside! Snow and heavy wind gusts have created blizzard conditions threatening to life and limb.
- As of this afternoon the MTA has suspended all bus, MARC train, and light rail services. Metro subway trains will be running between Mondawmin and Johns Hopkins stations only. Transit has been operating on a very limited basis since the blizzard hit on Friday night, so check the MTA website for the most up-to-date news before heading out to the bus stop, even as conditions begin to improve.
- Baltimore City has implemented Phase III of its snow emergency plan, meaning only authorized emergency vehicles are permitted on city roadways.
- Baltimore City has established a Snow Page for residents to get important updates. The storm has suspended city services such as trash and recycling collection, so make sure to check in for the latest news.
- To keep informed about what's happening minute-by-minute, try following some official Twitter feeds, like Mayor Rawlings-Blake or Baltimore City Police.
Most importantly, stay safe! Today is not a day to venture outside, so make some hot chocolate, get out some movies or board games, and spend some quality time with your neighbors and family.
Baltimore rowhouses in the snow.